Saturday, November 22, 2014

Just Mascara

In 2009, my second son was a few months old. One day, I was having a conversation with a mommy friend. It went like this:

Favoite Brands:  Perricon MDStila
Urban Decay Big FattyBlinc
Friend: "You wear workout clothes everyday. You should wear jeans and a cute top sometime."
Janel:  "Why? I'm comfortable in these and I'm just at home with the boys."
Friend:  "Just try a different look. You have all these clothes in here (opening up my closet)."
Janel:  "I should try ... but it takes too much energy."
Friend:  "How about starting with mascara?"
Janel:  "Mascara? Why? I'm not going out."
Friend:  "But you are starting your day. Take those extra 30 seconds. You'll feel different. Trust me." 

So I did. Every morning. Whether I wanted to or not, the little voice said, "just mascara". Makeup or no makeup, my lashes were done. 

I own four tubes of mascara at all times. One in my car. One in my purse. One in my travel tote. One in my makeup drawer. 

I do feel better. It's a reminder to take care of myself, even if it's just mascara.

Check out more style tips & current crushes at Janel Dyan





No comments:

Post a Comment